Applying for the Instructor Training Program
New students are required to begin with either Intensive Mat-Plus or Intensive Reformer and must apply for acceptance into the certification program.
Once you have determined which course you would like to apply for, please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Review Instructor Course Objectives
- Download it by clicking on the orange button to the right. The Instructor Course Objectives sheet will help to answer some of the questions you may have pre-requisites, course objectives and what to expect during and after the courses.
Step 2: Set up a complimentary consultation with our Director of Education, Joy Karl
- She will be happy to discuss your interests in becoming an instructor, and offer advice for the application process and preparing for the courses. Complete the form on the right to send us a message.
Step 3: Fill out a course application
- Click on the button to the right to download a Merrithew Instructor Education Application.
Step 4: Take the Anatomy Quiz
- The Anatomy Quiz helps us to determine your level of proficiency in anatomy. The results will be discussed with you prior to your enrollment in a course in an effort better guide you on your education path. Click on the button to the right to download the Anatomy Quiz.
Step 5: Submit Materials to Education Director
- Upon completion of the Application and Anatomy quiz, please return them to us via:
Scan and email to: Director of Education, Joy Karl: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to: Joy Karl, Practice Fitness, 5575 Far Hills Ave, Dayton, Oh 45429
Step 6: Setting your schedule and making payment
- Once your application has been processed and you have been accepted into the certification program, we will contact you to confirm your course enrollment and process your payment. A deposit of 20% is needed to register for a course. In order to complete enrollment, the balance must be paid four weeks prior to the course start date. Workshops must be paid for in full at time of registration. Practice Fitness will purchase your course materials upon request if the student is registered at least four weeks prior to the course start date. All course materials ordered by Practice Fitness must be paid for at the time of registration for the course. We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.