This Intensive Reformer (IR) course is conducted over 3 weekends. It teaches students how to design and instruct Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) reformer workouts in personal settings for a range of clients. Some group programming on the reformer is also covered. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. While IR may be taken prior to IMP, we recommend completing IMP first.
What you will learn:
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 139 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
- Working knowledge of functional anatomy
- 30 hours of Pilates Experience
- 50 hours instruction & supervised teaching
- 10 hours observation (Minimum)
- 40 hours physical review (Minimum)
- 25 hours practice teaching (Minimum)
- Total: 125 hours
Observation, Practice Teaching & Physical Review
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time and submitted at the time of the practical exam.
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES videos.
Means physically performing the exercises learned in class. Taking a class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or working out with video can qualify as physical review hours, and can be completed individually or with other students.
Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
Continuing Education Credits:
5.0 STOTT PILATES
Course Materials: $225 plus tax *
Required Course Materials:
- Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book
- Essential Reformer Manual
- Intermediate Reformer Manual
- Two DVDs
- Essential Reformer 2nd Ed
- Intermediate Reformer with bonus modification
*The $30 Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Manual is required for the Intensive Mat Plus and Intensive Reformer courses, but only needs to be purchased once.