Preparing for Your STOTT PILATES® Certification Exam
STOTT PILATES® certification shows clients and employers that you are a well-qualified professional. At the conclusion of each course, you receive a letter of completion and continuing education credits.
STOTT PILATES® certification is awarded upon successful completion of a course plus a written and practical exam.
- To schedule your exam, contact our Director of Education, Joy Karl, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-371-8176
- Exams must be paid for at the time of scheduling
- Exam fees are non-refundable
- Examinees may incur a rescheduling fee of $100.
Important General Info About All Certification Exams
- At the time of scheduling an exam, payment must be provided.
- All certification exams are non-refundable once exam is scheduled.
- All fees cover both the practical and written exam for the relevant course.
- Exams must be taken within six months of the last course completed and there is a fee associated with each exam. The written and practical components may be taken on different days but MUST be taken within 7 days of one another.
- Exam material is cumulative so students can certify in stages by taking an exam after each course or after a series of courses, e.g. students certified in Matwork must take a combined Matwork and Reformer exam should they wish to subsequently certify in Reformer. This also applies to students certified in Reformer who wish to move on to CCB certification.
- Successful completion of Matwork; Reformer; Cadillac, Chair & Barrels; Advanced Repertoire; ISP courses and exams are required for full certification.
- If an exam needs to be retaken, it is recommended to schedule a private sessions with an instructor trainer to better help prepare for exam. The price for a private session with an instructor trainer is $115.
- Completed Observation and Practice Logs must be brought to the practical exam. Exams will not be processed unless accompanied by these logs.
- The time allotted for the workout portion of the exam will not allow for the completion of all exercises in the full repertoire. You must ensure that the exercises chosen represent a well-rounded workout that address all aspects of movement (i.e. flexion, extension, rotation, etc.) and cover the required number of Essential, Intermediate or Advanced exercises, while being appropriate to your subject.
Fees for STOTT PILATES® Written and Practical Certification Exams offered by Pilates Movement Studio
|Intensive Mat Plus (Level 1)||$255|
|Intensive Reformer (Level 1)||$255|
|Intensive Mat Plus & Reformer (Level 1)||$285|
|Intensive Mat Plus, Intensive Reformer, and Intensive Cadillac, Chair, Barrels (Level 1)||$375|
|Advanced Mat (Level 2)||$210|
|Advanced Reformer (Level 2)||$210|
|Advanced Mat & Advanced Reformer (Level 2)||$210|
|Advanced Mat, Advanced Reformer and Advanced Cadillac, Chair, Barrels (Level 2)||$210|
|Mat, Reformer and CCB (Level 1 and Level 2)||$375|
|Written Exam Retake||$130|
|Practical Exam Retake||$150|
|Instructor Trainer private session||$115|
Preparing to take a STOTT PILATES® course examination requires time and focus. In addition to physically reviewing the exercises and understanding the material conceptually, you will be required to apply what you have learned to a real body in a timed setting.
Recommended Exam Preparation Techniques:
- Practice teaching as many different people as possible (family, friends and classmates).
- Practice teaching helps apply your knowledge, adapt it to many different body types, improve your teaching skills, and become comfortable with the experience of teaching.
- Practice teaching within the specified timelines and meeting at least the minimum number of exercises per session.
- Take STOTT PILATES classes to gain more exposure to the methodologies
- Work privately with an Instructor Trainer by calling Director of Education Joy Karl at 937-371-8176, or email email@example.com, to set up a private session with an Instructor Trainer.
In addition to STOTT PILATES® manuals and support books, other highly recommended books and resources include the following:
- “Trail Guide to the Body”, Andrew Biel
- “Atlas of Anatomy”, Gilroy, MacPherson, Ross
- “Muscular System Flash Pak”, Bryan Edwards
- “Anatomy Flash Cards”, Anne Gilroy
- “Anatomy of Movement”, Blandine Germain