August News (2010)
I’ve been happy to hear from our clients on vacations in Michigan, the Carolinas, Florida, West Coast and more that everyone is enjoying their summer vacations immensely and that’s great news! With the return of kids to school in the next few weeks our activity level will increase here at the studio so I’m passing a reminder to make sure that you’ve got your appointment and class times locked in for the fall.
Two weeks ago we had the staff of Up & Running over for a round-robin workout with our staff, a meeting of the body-minds for sure! I’m enclosing a photo of the group to share. As you will see, even after the workout, we are a happy bunch! As a really neat alternative to staff meeting, consider bringing them into Practice for a workout, followed by lunch from your favorite local restaurant:
- We offer a 60-90 minute session for up to 16 people at once.
- Your staff divides into groups of up to four people who will rotate through 4 separate stations, working with a different instructor on each of the following apparatus: Pilates Reformer, Pilates Stability Chair, Pilates Matwork, and TRX Suspension Trainer. We then offer a cool down session of yoga.
- We arrange lunch on your behalf from a local vendor.
- Contact me at the studio for pricing and scheduling.
For those of you who are burning up your treads on the hot summer asphalt, consider a pair of fall running shoes at Up & Running in Washington Square Plaza: www.upandrunningindayton.com
Here’s more updates for August at Practice:
- Groupon.com promotion – Groupon.com is a website where you can sign up to receive a deal a day from businesses in the Dayton area. The deal each day is for services or products at least 50% off. For new clients to Practice, Groupon.com will be offering a 3 Mat/Yoga class package for $21 this Thursday, August 5th. If you have a friend or family member who is interested in Pilates or Yoga and might like an inexpensive way of seeing if Pilates or Yoga is a good fit for them, the Groupon.com promotion is a great way to start. You can also buy the package for your family member or friend as a gift. The limit is one person, but you can buy more than one to give to multiple friends.
- In anticipation of increased traffic in our matwork and yoga classes, we are adding two extra classes in August: Pilates Matwork class on Thursdays at 6p and Hatha Yoga Level 2 on Thursdays at 715p (see attached class calendar for course description).
- We have one class cancellation, Joy Karl’s Friday Hatha Yoga class on August 20th. Yoga resumes on Tuesday, August 24th
- SALE: Our capri pants are 20% off! We have two models, Bella, and Alo, sale priced at $30 and $40 respectively.
- Congrats to Joy Karl, who passed her Apprentice Level 2 Exams last week!! Joy, Kitty and Leslie are now in the homestretch, studying for their STOTT PILATES® Certification exams this winter.